Welcome back to Haley’s Beauty Room! I am back with another recipe that is great for the holidays and won’t last long in your house!
I found this recipe on Pinterest from another blogger, Together As A Family. I have tweaked this recipe a little to make it my own, and I hope you enjoy this just as much as I do!
So, if you’re interested in reading how to make these absolutely delicious cookies, then keep on reading!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (canned)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cookie sheets liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, add softened butter, oil, pumpkin, sugars, vanilla and eggs. Use a hand held blender (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) and blend together until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend together on low speed just until combined and no flour streaks remain.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball (about the size of a golf ball) place 12 dough balls per cookie sheet. I like my cookies a little larger, so I only got about 2 dozen cookies from this recipe.
- Dip the bottom of a glass cup into granulated sugar and press down on each dough ball to flatten.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack to cook completely. Baking time will vary based on your oven, so monitor closely.
- To make glaze combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Use more or less milk depending on how thick you want the frosting. Spread onto each cookie and let sit for several minutes to harden.
That’s it! Make sure you snag a few of these for yourself, as your family will gobble these up!