Welcome back my dears! Are you looking for a quick dessert? Craving something sweet, but don’t want to slave away in the kitchen? Then this recipe is exactly what you need!
These delicious little bites are simply made with some Pillsbury crescent rolls, spices, and apples. Simple combination to make a delicious treat. These are great if you are on the go, or just don’t have the time nor the energy to make a full on apple pie.
I found this recipe on Pinterest from the blogger The Blond Cook, you can find the original recipe here. I added some variation to mine and you can feel free to do so as well!
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small apple (Honeycrisp or Granny Smith)
- 1 (8 oz.) can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or aluminum foil. I used aluminum foil coated with nonstick spray as I didn’t have any parchment paper on hand. Either method works.
- Combine the brown sugar and 1 tsp of the apple pie spic in a small bowl.
- Arrange the crescent rolls triangles across the lined baking sheet and evenly sprinkle the brown sugar mixture across all of the triangles.
- Core your apple and cut into 8 slices. They will be about a 1/2 inch each. You will then want to melt the butter in a and toss the apple slices in the butter until they are evenly coated.
- Place one slice and the wide end of the crescent triangles. Roll the crescent rolls as you normally would, making sure the apple slice is tucked in.
- Use the remaining butter and brush on top of your crescent rolls. Lightly sprinkle the remaining 1/4 tsp of apple pie slice on top of each rolls.
- Bake the bites for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for a few minutes and the bites are best enjoyed warm.
Optional: You can add nuts to the mixture, whether it be pecans or walnuts. I opted for no nuts in my recipe. If you would like them, add them in between steps 3 and 4, once you have sprinkled the brown sugar on the triangles.