Hello my friends! To keep the fall spirit alive, I wanted to share my first pumpkin recipe with you all! As I’m sure you know, Fall and Winter are filled with delicious food. However, delicious usually means it is nowhere good for you.
Sometimes, I just need to recharge and get back to my healthy habits, even though that is really hard during this season. Because of that, I have been toying around with different pumpkin smoothie recipes and this one has finally fulfilled my cravings for a sweet pumpkin drink that won’t make me regret it afterwards! If you are a pumpkin lover like me, then keep reading to see how I make my favorite Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie.
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 3/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp honey or liquid stevia (this ingredient is optional depending on how sweet you would like it)
- 4 Tbsp almond or coconut milk (you can also substitute in regular milk)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon for garnish
Combine all of these ingredient together in a blender and process until smooth. Pour in to a glass and garnish the top with the nutmeg and cinnamon. That’s it! You have a healthy pumpkin pie treat right in your hands that you don’t need to feel guilty about!
Drink this to recharge after a big workout or before a long day of Fall festivities to keep you full and energized all day long. Most importantly, ENJOY!
What are your favorite fall recipes? What do you do to make sure you keep up with healthy habits during the season? Let me know in the comments!
Images sourced from Google and Pinterest.